11 APPLEWOOD CT HAINESPORT, NJ 08036
- 5 Beds
- 5 Baths
- 4290 sq.ft.
The Lenape native people who settled on the banks of the Rancocas Creek in what is present day Hainesport called the area Sandhickney. The first European settlers were Quakers who arrived in 1677.
The town was known as Long Bridge around the time of the American Revolutionary War. The name came from the long, wooden bridge that spanned the Rancocas Creek. In 1778, the township was the site of a skirmish in which American rebels fired upon Hessian soldiers after they were halted by the dismantling of this bridge.
The settlement became known as Haines' Port when Barclay Haines bought property in the area and established a wharf near his home on the Rancocas Creek in 1848. By 1850,the name was shortened to Hainesport. Hainesport Township was incorporated as a township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 12, 1924, from portions of Lumberton Township.
View All Single Family Homes Below
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than consumers’ personal, non-commercial use. Copyright