12 PETER HURD WAY MARLTON, NJ 08053
- 6 Beds
- 12 Baths
- 11223 sq.ft.
Marlton was founded by Welsh and English farmers beginning in 1676. The name Marlton first appeared in the early 19th century. The name is derived from marl clay, which is commonly found in the local soil. The discovery of the marl content helped local business and farmers, and caused the first "building boom", occurring in the 1830s and 1840s. Marl continued to be excavated in Marlton until 1930, when the pits were shut down. The marl was sold locally, and shipped directly, by rail to Burlington City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Atlantic City, for reshipping as an alternate for green manure, water treatment amendment, and semi-flowable fill.
View All Single Family Homes Below
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than consumers’ personal, non-commercial use. Copyright